Former IU Coach Cam Cameron has been fired by the Baltimore Ravens, marking the end of a nearly five-season stint with the team, the organization announced Monday afternoon.

Serving as the Ravens' offensive coordinator since 2008, Cameron led his unit to four straight playoff appearances under the direction of head coach John Harbaugh.That said, the coach has been under fire recently for the offense's lack of improvement, and his newly-implemented playing style that has caused star running back Ray Rice to see a decrease in carries.

Over the past four games, the team has also averaged only 19.3 points per game, compared to their season average of 25.5 PPG. Two of those games have resulted in losses against rival opponents: one to the Pittsburgh Steelers and the other to the Washington Redskins.

In the announcement of Cameron's firing, the Ravens organization said that former Colts Coach Jim Caldwell will take over as the team's offensive coordinator. He had spent most of the 2012 season as Baltimore's quarterbacks coach.

Cameron was IU's head coach from 1997 to 2001, ending with a 18-37 record over his five-year span in Bloomington. He was fired on Dec. 5, 2001 after his team went 5-6, including a 13-7 victory against Purdue.