At the United States Aquatic Sports awards banquet in Greensboro, N.C. this past Saturday, Indiana University head diving coach Dr. Jeff Huber and assistant coach John Wingfield were honored.

Huber was named the recipient of the 2012 Mike Peppe Award, presented to the outstanding senior diving coach for the fifth-consecutive year and the 12th time in his career. In August, Indiana Diving won the overall team title at the AT&T National Diving Championships.

The Glenn McCormick Award, given to an individual who has made outstanding contributions to the sport of diving, was presented to Wingfield. Before recently accepting a position as assistant diving coach at IU, Wingfield spent 10 years coaching at Ball State University prior to moving to Indianapolis in 1998 and served as director and head coach of USA Diving's National Training Center until 2005.

When the home of the National Training Center was relocated to Indianapolis, Wingfield became director and associate head coach. In the realm of international diving events, he served as head coach of the 2008 Olympic Team and he will serve on the coaching staff at the FINA World Junior Championships which run through October 8-12 in Adelaide (AUS).