IU junior forward Christian Watford has not come out and said he'll forgo his senior season to enter the NBA Draft. But Watford also hasn't definitively come out and said he's returning to IU.

Last night, Watford was asked by a media member if he would test the draft waters. According to Inside the Hall's Alex Bozich, Watford said he wasn't ready to talk about that.

"I'm going to leave that where it's at right now," Watford said.

Obviously Watford's mind was anywhere but focused on his draft stock following the season-ending loss. While that media member was premature by asking the question, it was a question that is on the minds of IU fans entering the offseason.

Watford has been slotted anywhere from the middle of the second round to undrafted. So why would Watford want to roll the dice, risk getting undrafted and miss out on #TheMovement?

The truth is, Watford's stock might not be higher than it is right now. He already proved that he can score from anywhere on the floor. He doesn't have much more room for physical development. Watford will likely see an even more diminished role given what IU has coming in next season.

Watford's borderline draft status means any injury in his senior season could all but wipe away his chances of being drafted. Even if he does stay healthy, the NBA has an odd bias about drafting seniors, fearing they have no professional upside.

It's also worth noting that with the 'Wat Shot' being shown a million times on ESPN, front offices have already seen Watford hit a three-pointer against an NBA team a million times.

All of those factors have to cross Watford's mind during this decision-making process.

But while Watford may not have the upside coveted by the NBA, there are a few things he can improve on if he does choose to come back to IU.

First things first, Watford needs to improve his ball handling. For a guy that can create his own shot, Watford struggles to get there sometimes because of quicker defenders that exploit his inexperience handling the rock.

Yes, Watford handles the ball better than most 6-foot-8 players in college basketball. But if college kids are picking his pocket, he'll get his lunch money taken every time he puts the ball on the floor in the Association.

Another thing preventing Watford from being an elite college basketball player and a more highly-regarded prospect is his quickness -- or lack thereof.

Watford isn't going to blow by anybody with his first step. Often times, Watford makes things too difficult on himself by not having that explosiveness around the rim.

Watford's biggest strength his ability to hit any shot on the floor. But if he doesn't improve his quickness, he won't increase his offensive production in college and would be restricted to the three-point line in the pros.

IU fans have never had to worry about a player leaving early in the Tom Crean era (No, Guy-Marc Michel doesn't count). That's about the only detriment of success in college basketball.

It's kind of been swept under the rug with IU's success but there is a realistic chance Watford has played his last game in an IU jersey. If there was ever a year in which IU could 'afford' to lose a player like Watford, this is it.

But don't think Jeremy Hollowell is going to instantly be able to fill Watford's potential void. Few players are more responsible for this turnaround. Watford might not be highly valued by NBA teams but he is by IU and his decision will have a direct impact on next season's success.