Pregame

I'm here at Assembly Hall where the IU women's basketball team will play host to the Cleveland State Vikings. Opening tip is just a few minutes away, and I'll be updating periodically as the game goes on. The Hoosiers are 2-3 on the season, after losing their last 3 games, and hope to rebound against the undefeated Vikings.

Also, quick note, the IDS got my last and first name switched on here. It's supposed to be Avi Zaleon...we'll work on that.

First Half

With 11:49 remaining in the first half, IU is leading 12-9 over Cleveland State. The Hoosiers doing a nice job of getting defensive stops and driving to the hoop on the offensive side of the ball.

We only have 1:21 left in the first half here at Assembly Hall as IU clings to a 22-21 lead over the Vikings of Cleveland State. A really evenly matched game with neither team able to pull ahead. Look for a big run in the second half to decide this one.

Halftime

At halftime the score stands at 26-22, with IU gaining a slight edge over CSU. The Hoosiers are winning the rebound battle 26-21, a point of emphasis for Coach Legette-Jack all year. In the second half, IU will need to shoot better than their current 24% to hold this lead. I will have more updates as this game progresses.

Second Half

12:18 left with IU still leading, 39-35. Jori Davis is playing with a lot of energy so far this half looking for lanes to drive to hoop and create opportunities for her teammates.

IU building some momentum now with 9:18 remaining in the game. Alisha Goodwin playing the familiar role of spark plug, with quality minutes coming off the bench and a lot of energy. 46-41 IU leads

6:25 left and IU trying to cement a 10 point lead on the Vikings. A renewed sense of intensity has sparked a Hoosier run that will have to hold for the Hoosiers to get their first win since November 15. 53-43 IU leads.

CSU keeping it close down the stretch, Hoosiers will try to hang on and break the Vikings press. 58-53 IU with 1:47 left.

Final Score: IU: 66 Cleveland State: 56