- Devan Dumes, Tijan Jobe and Steven Gambles will be honored on Senior Day on Saturday. Also graduating is redshirt junior Brett Finkelmeier, a walk-on who joined the team while Kelvin Sampson was coaching.
- Prior to Indiana, Sampson coached at Oklahoma, another team with a noon Senior Day tip-off on Saturday
- Sampson's original 2006 recruiting class at Oklahoma included 6-foot-2 guard Scottie Reynolds. Reynolds switched his commitment to Villanova upon Sampson's departure to IU and will also be celebrating his senior day in a Saturday noon game.
- Reynolds was once a teammate of Malcolm Grant, but Grant transferred from Villanova to Miami (FL). Miami will be honoring three seniors at noon versus Florida State including Cyrus McGowan. McGowan began his career at Arkansas in 2005, the same year that Felecia Saine left the Razorbacks to become Men's Basketball Academic Coordinator at Georgetown.
- Georgetown hosts Cincinnati at noon on Saturday in its home finale, but will be honoring no seniors. One of the three original Class of 2006 Hoya recruits was Jeremiah Rivers.
- Rivers transferred to IU after two seasons and will be the Hoosiers' lone senior next year now that Finkelmeier is graduating this year.
Comments powered by Disqus