In this morning's weekly Big Ten teleconference, IU coach Tom Crean addressed the nagging question about the status of sophomore guard Matt Roth. At last, it seems we have an answer, and it appears that the injured sharpshooter will not play the rest of the year.

"I would doubt very much that we're going to be able to use him this season in the sense of him being able to recover right now. It's been a slow process. It was a process that was moving in a good direction, but at the same time, it's maybe kind of run its course so I'm not sure we're going to be able to use him."

"(Regarding a medical redshirt) I think it's pretty probable it's going to happen right now, because that was the plan all along if he couldn't play. I would say that it's right there. I don't think at this point it looks like he's going to be cleared to play, so we're just going to leave it where it is. I'm just going based on what I know."

Roth played 11 minutes in two games before getting injured in Puerto Rico. He scored two points, but missed his lone 3-point attempt.

In other news, it appears that five star senior recruit Josh Selby has crossed IU off the list.

His mother told the H-T that they won't be visiting IU again but earlier told Scout.com that her son is considering "the two that we visited and the other two that we plan to visit."

Those four are Kansas, UConn, Kentucky and Arizona.