IU (9-18, 3-12) and Iowa (9-19, 3-12) will square off in Iowa City in less than two hours. Here are some random bits of information about this matchup, in particular the Hawkeyes:

• Tipoff is scheduled for 6:06 p.m., according to Iowa notes (well, 5:06 p.m. CST according to the game notes)
  • Today is senior night for Devan Bawinkle. The Winnebago, Ill. native is 32-for-81 (39.5%) from the floor this year, but has not attempted a single 2-pointer all year. The 6-foot-5 guard has attempted 249 of his 265 career field goal attempts from beyond the arc. He played a year at West Virginia and is in his second with Iowa.
  • Anthony Tucker, Iowa's second-leading scorer in non-conference play, is no longer on scholarship after a suspension in late December
  • Sophomore Aaron Fuller is tied with OSU's Evan Turner as the Big Ten's leading rebounders in conference games (8.0)
  • Matt Gatens (12.3 ppg) is the only Hawkeye averaging double figures
  • Junior Devon Archie played two years at Ben Davis (Indy), competing on the JV squad his junior year
  • Freshman John Lickliter played at Franklin Central while his father coached Butler
  • Iowa has the Big Ten's worst offense (scoring 61.4 points per game), while IU is last in the Big Ten defensively (allowing 70.9 points per game)
  • Iowa and IU are the only teams in the Big Ten (including Penn State) with a negative scoring margin -- both the Hawkeyes and Hoosiers are allowing teams an average of 4.4 more points per game than their own totals
  • The Hawkeyes have just 11 players on their roster. The team picture, which included Tucker as its twelfth player, had 13 members of the staff (coaches, team managers, etc.)
  • IU's freshmen have scored 887 points, followed by only Iowa (612) among Big Ten opponents
  • The Hoosiers have a 94-70 edge in the all-time series
  • Iowa is 14-10 all-time in games played on Feb. 28 (thanks for that stat, Iowa sports info dept.)
  • Indiana assistant Tim Buckley was an assistant coach at Iowa during the 2006-07 season