No, I'm serious.

Of course, save for injured freshman Maurice Creek's shots (including a shot near the corner, but from behind the basket), these all took place on 8-foot hoops.

Several members of the media met with IU coach Tom Crean this afternoon, as well as freshman Christian Watford and sophomore Verdell Jones. In the background, there was a large group of kids and parents (as part of some event or party), getting autographs, taking photos with players and having fun on Branch McCracken Court.

We witnessed all of the aforementioned "feats," while Jordan Hulls and Brett Finkelmeier threw down on the lowered baskets as well. Creek still has crutches (though he prefers to carefully walk and stand without them), but sophomore guard Matt Roth does have the boot off his foot.

Beat writer Zina Kumok might add some other VJIII quotes a bit later, but below the jump you will find some comments from both Jones and Watford, as well as the video from Crean's meeting with the media.

Watford on the team's confidence level: "We got some key wins that we needed. Ever since then, it's just been boosting our confidence. We know we can win in this league, we know we can play in this league."

Watford on Iowa: "We know they're a good team. They was in the game with Michigan State, they're a very good 3-point shooting, they can shoot the ball well."

Watford on coming home after a road win: "We're a great at-home team. We play well with each other at home. We love coming back home and playing in front of the fans."

Jones on Watford: "He's grown up fast. He's matured his game a lot and I think he's starting to figure out how to play in the Big Ten."

Jones on his adjustment to Big Ten: "It took me a while actually. Coach Crean really helped me last year, you know, getting adjusted to the whole thing. Like I said, the more you play, the quicker you learn and grow up faster.

Jones on the expectation of winning a game: "It's a good feeling, actually. Last year, reading our own paper, seeing (us) as a 10-point underdog against Iowa last year here. Now, looking in the paper and seeing he has us as a winner, it's a good feeling. I like it.