One day removed from IU's victory against North Carolina Central, it's time to take a look at some of the headlines from around the Big Ten:

• Illinois (8-3): After home losses to Utah and Bradley, the Fighting Illini responded with four straight wins including a come-from-behind victory at Clemson and an 11-point 'W' versus Vanderbilt. Just as it seemed Illinois had turned the corner, they lost at then- 4-4 Georgia on Saturday and now face Missouri on the road this Wednesday.
  • Iowa (4-7): More bad news for the struggling Hawkeyes. Sophomore Anthony Tucker, Iowa's second-leading scorer, was arrested for his second public intoxication offense in 13 months. Tucker has been suspended indefinitely.
  • Michigan (5-5): The Wolverines dropped to .500 with their loss at No. 1 Kansas on Saturday. The Maize and Blue were projected as a Top 15 team to start the season, but are 2-5 their last seven outings. Junior Manny Harris is averaging 21.6 points, 8.0 rebounds and 4.9 assists per game.

• Michigan State (9-2): Tom Izzo's men have quietly responded to the team's loss at North Carolina with wins against four lesser opponents. The Spartans will face Texas in Austin on Tuesday.
  • Minnesota (8-3): Highly touted freshman Royce White, previously suspended indefinitely, quit the team last week due to legal troubles. The Golden Gophers responded to an early three-game skid with four recent wins by an average of 32.5 points.
  • Northwestern (9-1): Don't be shocked if Northwestern finds its way into the rankings in the next week or two. The Wildcats, who play Central Connecticut State on Tuesday, beat Stanford on Saturday. Despite an early season loss to Butler, Bill Carmody's squad has also recorded wins against Notre Dame, Iowa State and at North Carolina State.
  • Ohio State (9-2): The Buckeyes have been without star Evan Turner for more than two weeks after his fall during the Eastern Michigan game. Turner was expected to miss eight weeks, but a source close to OSU's student newspaper said the 6-foot-7 guard thinks he will be back much sooner. Should "ET" be ready when he (or the source) says he will be, that would bring him back in time for the Jan. 6 game with IU in Columbus.
  • Penn State (7-4): The Nittany Lions have gone 2-2 since winning at Virginia in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge. Talor Battle is averaging 19.0 points, 6.1 rebounds and 3.2 assists. In more interesting news, the PSU women's volleyball squad made history this weekend by winning their third consecutive national title.
  • Purdue (10-0): The Boilermakers are the Big Ten's lone undefeated team. They defeated Ball State on Saturday, accompanying their more impressive victories versus Tennessee and Wake Forest and at Alabama. Purdue plays SIU-Edwardsville and at Iowa before hosting West Virginia on New Year's.
  • Wisconsin (8-2): Despite wins against Arizona, Maryland and Duke, the Badgers fell to Green Bay earlier in the month. They responded by beating Marquette (and then Cal Poly) and will seek redemption versus another in-state foe, Milwaukee. on Wednesday.