Louisville Courier-Journal reporter/blogger Jody Demling caught up with Tom Crean tonight in Starlight, Ind. As expected, Crean is done recruiting for the 2009 class and is trying to balance out the scholarship numbers after bringing in two consecutive seven-man classes.

Specifically, Crean is looking at 2011, where he said he is trying to "figure out how to get the '11 class where we can get some people in that class. There are some very good players in that class."

As for as 2010, however, Crean says they are behind in recruiting the soon-to-be seniors, despite lots of progress with the 2011 and 2012 classes.

We're making ground up in the freshmen and sophomore classes but we're behind with the 10s," he said. "We're trying to build that up and get on new people all the time and still focus on the guys we have been on for sometime."

This is basically the same thing Crean said at a press conference in November upon announcing the 2009 class. Of course, you almost have to expect this.

Last summer his sole recruiting focus had to have been on assembling the 2008-09 and 2009-10 squads, and it is hard to make up ground on high school juniors who are much further along in recruitment than freshmen and sophomores.

A few more interesting links: