Update: ITH writer and IDS Hall of Fame member Eamonn Brennan has responded to the Deadspin story. You will like it. Click here. ------- Buzz Bissinger's favorite blog, Deadspin.com, noticed this morning that the Hoosiers lost their 18th game of the season last night and haven't been doing so well this year.

One of the blog's writers, Rick Chandler, put together a short column about about the program titled, "The Rise And Fall Of The Indiana Hoosiers."

Chandler didn't have a lot of nice things to say about... well, anything Chris Engel likes. Here's what I'm talking about:

"For those waiting for a resurgence in Indiana basketball: It ain't going to happen anytime soon. The system's not designed for sleepy backwaters like Bloomington, Indiana, to have powerhouse teams in the revenue sports unless there's a great coach to draw them in, or a coach who's willing to play fast and loose with recruiting rules. Indiana had the latter with Kelvin Sampson, and they're still looking for the former. Tom Crean -- even though he hasn't really had a chance to prove what he can do with his own players -- isn't the answer. Have you been to Bloomington? What multi-talented player is going to go there to play for Tom Crean?"

What say you?