Cassady is one of the greatest players to play for IU women's basketball. In a career that spanned from 1998-2002 she accumulated 1,301 points, good for 11th all-time. Cassady was also part of the 2001-2002 team in her senior year that won the Big Ten Tournament. She was in town Thursday night to watch the Hoosiers and be reunited with former coach Kathi Bennett. Cassady discussed her past and present.

On being back in Bloomington

"Its great being back. Being back in Bloomington, seeing the women's basketball program, they are doing well the past two or three years. Coach Jack has done an amazing job and her staff has done an amazing job. I'm happy they have been so successful, and they have also been in the community which is great to see. This is very exciting and I feel blessed to have been a part of it."

On what she did after she left IU

Played basketball in Athens, Greece, then came back to get her masters degree, and then coached at Indiana State for 3 years.

On what she is doing now

Working in marketing in Saint Louis. Doing event shows and event coordinating. Said she misses the mentoring of girls through coaching when she was a coach at Indiana State for a few years.

On her basketball experience at IU

"My four years here were amazing. I was very blessed to have Coach Bennett as my coach. She has so much passion for the game. It is so great to see her back at the game because I love her to death. Not only is she a great coach, she is an amazing person. So that's why I came back, I wanted to see my alma mater and Coach Bennett. It was perfect timing."

On seeing Whitney Thomas succeed

"It's great to see Whitney Thomas be as successful as she is. Coming from Bloomington I remember watching her when she was in high school. It's great to see her build and program and she has been a true leader. When I was here I felt that role too. I feel like she is the team leader and I was the team leader. She has taken the program to success."

- - - -

Photos: The Associated Press