Times are tough for the Hoosiers.

Things began to "snowball," as IU coach Tom Crean likes to say, when the Hoosiers returned from Maui off the coattails of a thrilling 81-79 victory over Chaminade. The fact that the Silver Swords put up that good of a fight foreshadowed IU's future woes.

The team won their first game after returning to the mainland, beating Cornell in what would end up being one of the team's best victories of the season. The Hoosiers survived a career performance from Ryan Wittman (28 points) and stood respectfully at 4-2.

Then the avalanche began to take shape.

Gonzaga and Wake Forest quickly disposed of the Hoosiers away from Bloomington, although IU would regroup four days later to beat TCU at home on Dec. 10, 65-56.

But what no one expected, even the program's darkest critics, was that IU would then lose their next eight games.

Obliterated by Kentucky. Embarrassed by Northeastern and Lipscomb. A let down in Iowa City, followed by a blown lead at home against Michigan. The team's three most recent losses came in uncompetitive games in Champaign and Columbus followed by Saturday's close loss to Penn State.

The Hoosiers now have a week to catch their breath before hosting Minnesota on Jan. 25.

The team is amidst the program's longest losing streak since 1964 and is off to their worst start in conference play since the 1940s.

But despite the losses, I have a question: is the "buzz" still there?

While the Hoosiers struggled against the Nittany Lions Saturday, over 15,000 fans cheered them on as if the conference championship depended on it. Crean is still as upbeat as ever and focused on improving game-to-game.

Driving home from Columbus last week, I heard Dan Dakich ask the same thing on his radio show: is the "buzz" surrounding Crean and the Hoosiers still there?

Dakich said that was the most important thing this season. If Crean can keep the buzz around Bloomington alive by saying the right things, securing a great recruiting class and maybe stealing a win or two this season, Dakich said that all would not be lost this season.

So, although the Hoosiers have lost 10 of their last 11, does the program still have you as excited as you were before the season started? Does the mere sight of Tom Crean still give you that jolt of electricity? Is the buzz there? Has your confidence wavered as the Hoosiers have faced unprecedented challenges?