The Hoosiers (3-2) won their first game of the Hilton Concord Classic Friday 74-47 over the Radford Highlanders (0-4) in Moraga, California. In case you have not heard of the Highlanders they hail from Radford, Virginia.

IU will play the winner of the game going on right now between Saint Mary's and La Salle in the tournament final on Saturday at 10p.m. ET.

Game notes

-Senior forward Amber Jackson lead the Hoosiers with 25 points, and fellow senior forward and All-American candidate Whitney Thomas recorded her 25th career double-double with 13 points and 11 rebounds.

-Jackson played the game in front of her mother, who saw Amber play for the first time in her collegiate career. Also in attendance were former teammates and coaches of Jackson, who transfered to IU from San Jose State after her sophomore year.

-All 13 players on the Hoosier roster played, with 11 of them scoring in the game. Freshman forward Sasha Chaplin had a solid game with 10 points on 5-5 shooting.

-The Hoosiers free-throw shooting was also much better tonight at 78.3 percent. They also held the Highlanders to just 32.1 percent field goal shooting, and out rebounded them 41-25.

-Although the team won big Thomas said they still need to work more on taking care of the ball (22 Turnovers for the game) and executing their plays better.

Quotes

Coach Jack On having everyone play and 11 scoring

"In that locker room it was cool to see their excitement that they all contributed to this win."

On the play of Amber Jackson

"Amber is a force to be reckoned with. It was great to see her play so well in front of her family."

Amber on playing in front of family and friends

"It was a homecoming for me. It was also special because my mom has never seen me play basketball in college"