Tom Crean sat down for a one-on-one interview with the Indiana Daily Student Wednesday. During the interview, Crean discussed the status of the school's AD search, the student section controversy and the upcoming season. Below is a snippet from the interview -- for more, check back with the blog later and read tomorrow's IDS.

IDS: You're in a unique position as a coach searching for a new athletic director. What characteristics are you looking for in the next AD?

CREAN: First off, I have a great trust. I was part of the committee, which was a great experience for me, since I'd never really been on a committee before, and especially as intense as this one was. I have great faith in the leader of that committee, Bill Stephan and all the people the president put on there. To me, I'll tell you the same thing I said in there, I think there needs to be someone who loves Indiana, someone who has a passion to be competitive and to work and keep building what we have. A person who looks at this as a great opportunity, not just as a challenge. And someone who can really come in and build on the work Rick Greenspan has done. Because frankly, I haven't been here Rick's entire tenure, but the things I've seen have been pretty impressive. That's what we need, someone who can put a team together and build on the things that have been done. As far as me personally, I'm looking for someone I can partner up with, that we can work on things together and what it takes to build the atmosphere even more in the arena, what it takes to fundraise to make things better for the other sports programs. What it takes for us to produce revenue, get them involved in our recruiting. All of those things I've been able to do with Rick. I'm looking for an extension of that.

IDS: Do you know the timetable for when a selection will be made?

CREAN: It's out of my hands. I was a part of the committee, and its in Bill Stephan's hands and President McRobbies' hands, things of that nature. I have a great confidence and great trust for whatever they decide to do. Because I had an opportunity to be a part of it, I feel very good about the direction it is heading in.