5:54: Just got to the newsroom. We talked to almost every player and coach today and will have several stories on tomorrow's paper and a few more updates tonight. I'll try and throw some nuggets up here as soon as possible.

Anyone you want to hear from in paticular? Any questions about anything? I feel like we know a lot more about this year's team after today.

-------- 3:16: Keep these dates on your calendar. October 25: a scrimmage after the Northwestern game, more details to come. Halloween night: the Haunted Hall of Hoops. I have no idea what that will be, but it sounds interesting.

-------- 3:09: "We have to make the star of the team, the team. We have to make the shot, our shot. If we get into a situation where we have different people who think they have to manufacture shots and create all of these shots because we're not experienced, we're not as talented as other, that's going to be a bad deal."

-------- 3:02: Crean is now talking about non-conference scheduling. "Is this year's schedule too tough? I don't think you would find anybody who would disagree with that."

-------- 2:57: Crean eventually hopes to have upperclassmen police the team. He said Pat Knight told him last week, "We were afraid of Coach Knight, but we weren't as close to afraid as him as the seniors and juniors."

-------- 2:52: Which freshman are ahead of learning curve? Nick Williams, Verdell Jones and Tom Pritchard.

"They are showing a little more leadership from time to time, they are grasping things just a little bit quicker."

-------- 2:47: Crean is here, looking sharp. He kicks things off with: "Like every other program in the country we're excited to get started. Unlike most every other program we have no idea what to expect."

-------- 2:43: Little behind schedule, we were supposed to start at 2:30. Some of us have Spanish class at 4:40 and can't afford another absence. 'Lo siento' isn't good enough for everyone.

-------- We are here inside Assembly Hall for the basketball team's media day today. We'll start off with a press conference with Tom Crean, move to team photos from there and finish off with individual coach and player availability.

I'll try and update you guys throughout the afternoon. If the connection cuts out, we'll be back tonight with interviews, stories and more. So sit back, relax, and constantly refresh the basketblog for updates.