Remember the days when no news was good news for IU Football? When the program would only make headlines with its most recent throttling from a Big Ten opponent?

Those days appear to be in Bill Lynch's rearview mirror. A quick rundown of recent gridiron news:

* Blue-chip wide out Duwyce Wilson verbally committed to the Hoosiers this week. Wilson, who attends Columbus East and was one of IU's top targets in the class of 2009, is a 6-foot-4 190-pound receiver who is supposedly the entire package: great size, great hands and great speed. Just great.

Most shocking of all? The Hoosiers beat out several top Big Ten teams for Wilson's services, including Purdue and Wisconsin. In an interview with The Herald-Times, Wilson said, "I am glad to finally be a Hoosier."

* IU's starting quarterback is no longer in exile. Kellen Lewis was reinstated by the football program last week.

* The Hoosiers have the easiest non-conference schedule in all of the land, according to ESPN's Bruce Feldman. In case you don't have your season tickets hands, the Hoosiers play Western Kentucky, Murray State, Ball State and Central Michigan (cough), all at home. If Athletes In Action had a football team, I would assume they would have been invited.

* Finally, there has been no announcement regarding Memorial Stadium being inoperable, so it is safe to assume IU's field construction is going smoothly. I'm not in Bloomington right now, do we have any eye witnesses who can chime in?

So Hoosiers fans, what has you the most excited about football season right now?