After an entertaining halftime show by the IU cheerleaders, we are back to action on the court here at Assembly Hall.

15:55 to play: IU leads 44-35 Both teams are struggling to find the hoop to begin the half. Jori Davis fires a beautiful no look pass to Amber Jackson for an easy layup to break IU's mini scoring draught. Penn State also only has one basket in the meantime.

10:56 to play IU leads 56-45 IU opened up a 15 point lead at 56-41, but Penn State answered with four straight points to cut the lead to 11. Jamie Braun now has 11 points to join Nikki Smith and Kim Roberson in double figures.

2:58 to play: IU leads 73-54 It was just announced that the attendance for today's game is 8,136. While the crowd did not break Purdue's record, it is the largest crowd to watch a women's basketball game at Assembly Hall. IU continues to extend its lead with tough defense and great ball movement on offense. Final Score: IU wins 79-67 Great overall performance by IU today and a great way to send off Nikki Smith. IU moved the ball very well on offense and turned in a complete team effort. Smith and Roberson led the way with 17 points apiece and Jamie Braun added 13. With the win today IU moves to 17-13 overall and 10-8 in the Big Ten. After all the Big Ten games are completed today, we'll let you know what seed IU earns for the Big Ten tournament.