Indiana takes on Northwestern tonight at Assembly Hall. The Hoosiers look for their seventh Big Ten win, which would already surpass last year's conference total. The crowd is pretty thin tonight. Maybe folks are gearing up for the game at the other Assembly Hall. Volleyball coach Sherry Dunbar is on the bench with IU for tonight's game. The game is about to tip and we'll keep you posted on all the action. 15:42 in 1st Half: Tied 6-6 Whitney Thomas, Amber Jackson and Jamie Braun all have early baskets. Amy Jaeschke, Northwestern's 6-foot-5 center, is giving the Hoosiers trouble down low early. She has four points and is rebounding well too.

11:38 in 1st Half: IU leads 10-7 We have a Georgia Fullmer sighting. Fullmer a rarely used freshman center checked in at the under 16:00 timeout. Coach Jack might be trying to match Jaeschke's size, with the 6-foot-4 Fullmer. "No energy," Jack just yelled to her team. The Hoosiers do look very flat, which might be in part to the quiet crowd tonight.

7:49 in First Half: Northwestern leads 13-12 Whitney Thomas just blocked a shot by snatching the ball right from a Northwestern guard. Jamie Braun is making use of the up and under move. She has three baskets by leaning under a defender and sinking a jumper. The Jaeschke cousins, Amy and Ellen, have nine of Northwestern's 13 points.

3:51 in First Half-IU leads 24-20 Jamie Braun and Ebony Jackson each made a 3-pointer, for IU's first made 3-pointers of the game. Kim Roberson finishes an old-fashion 3-point play. Coach Jack is really animated on the sideline. After Nadia Bibbs hit a wide open 3-pointer for Northwestern, Jack was in the face of the IU bench players trying to spark some life into the Hoosiers.

Timeout Northwestern-IU leads 30-20 with 3:01 in First Half Jamie Braun and Kim Roberson hit back-to-back 3-pointers and Northwestern coach Beth Combs burned a quick timeout. Halftime: IU leads 36-23 The Hoosiers close out the first half strong after a luckluster start to the game. Jamie Braun has 12 points at the half and three Hoosiers have six points apiece. IU finally started to hit some 3-pointers and that helped them gain a comfortable lead going into the locker room. More to come in the 2nd half.