Hey everyone. Hope Valentine's Day is treating you well. THe Hoosiers are about to tip off against Michigan State in the first of two big home games. IU needs to hold court at home against Michigan State tonight and against Michigan on Sunday if they have any hopes of making the NCAA tournament. A couple quick notes before the game: Haylie Linn is getting the start tonight in place of Nikki Smith. Jori Davis isn't dressed for tonight's game, but she is out of her protective boot. She has been nursing a stress fracture. 15:51 left in the 1st Half: Tied 4-4 Both teams are starting off slowly. Michigan State hit two free-throws with 17:6 to play for the first points of the game. Amber Jackson quickly answered with IU's first basket. Jackson has all four of IU's points. Michigan State's 6-foot-9 center Allyssa DeHaan looks like she'll makes things tough on IU's forwards all game long. 11:53 left in the half: Tied 11-11 Whitney Thomas picked up her second foul and quickly headed to the bench. Kim Roberson and Ebony Jackson both hit 3-pointers to spark the Hoosiers offense. Michigan State is beating up the Hoosiers on the offensive glass. IU is having touble securing the ball for a rebound. 7:37 to play: Tied 16-16 Whitney Lindsay nailed a three-pointer off a nice pass from Ebony Jackson. Amber Jackson now has seven points and seems ready to shoulder the load for IU offensivley. Michigan State is killing IU on the glass, geting six offensive rebounds. The rebounding is keeping the Spartans in the game, because they have yet to make a 3-pointer. Halftime: IU leads 31-28 Nikki Smith hit two 3-pointers during the final eight minutes. Jamie Braun is still quiet and has yet to score. Michigan State also just made their first 3-pointer of the game. Kim Roberson just sliced and diced through the defense for an old-fashioned 3-point play. IU had the ball out of bounds in their backcourt and Jamie Braun was fouled in the back court. She missed the front end of a one and one though. IU double-teamed DeHaan every time she touched the ball in the first half. We'll she if she gets on track in the second half. She only has two first half points.