Photo by IDS photographer Jay Seawell.

With so many Hoosiers in town, there was only one way for IU's fans to send off their football team before the big game.

The Walk. Tempe style.

After performances from the Marching Hundred and IU's cheerleaders, the entire IU football team and coaching staff marched through Tempe Beach Park before boarding their busses and making their way to Sun Devil Stadium.

Wearing his son's No. 92 jersey, Greg Middleton Sr. was ecstatic while watching the Hoosiers make The Walk.

"This is a great way to honor Coach Hep," Middleton said. "Man I wish he was here. It's a great reflection of what he did and what he meant to do."

Bordering The Walk were many of the player's families, including Nick Polk's, who made the trip from Milwaukee.

"Its crazy, very exciting, this really gets you in the mood for the game," Polk's brother-in-law said.

The Polks arrived in Tempe on Christmas Day and said they have turned the Insight Bowl into a family vacation.

"We've been prepping for this the entire year, to finally be here is so exciting."

During The Walk, the IU players received countless high-fives and "good luck" wishes from fans. At one point in The Walk, nearly every Hoosier player stopped to give Jane Hoeppner a hug before marching on.

"I couldn't picture it any better," Tracy Porter said. "When we landed we had a welcome party and now before the game starts we have another one. We appreciate everything."

Offensive lineman Kyle Thomas said the Tempe walk rivals the traditional walk in Bloomington.

"This is great, I love it," Thomas said. "I think there are more people here than (at home). Its even better"