Zach and I are hanging out here at Assembly Hall for some women's hoops action. It's IU against the Hoosier Lady Stars. The Lady Stars roster is made up of former players from Ball State, Louisville, Butler, Indiana State among others. The score at halftime is 47-24. Here are some observations and stats from the 1st half:

-IU held the Lady Stars scoreless until around the 15:00 mark of the first half -The Lady stars are living and dying with the three-pointer. All of their first half scoring was from beyond the arc. They had six threes, including four from Kia Hayes, a former IUPUI player. As a team they are 8-20 from three point range. -Jamie Braun and Whitney Thomas lead IU scorers with 10 points apiece. -All IU players except walk-on Lydia Serfling saw action in the first half. -Haylie Linn and Jori Davis were the first off the bench for IU. -IU played zone defense for most of the half, leaving the Lady Stars with some open looks from three. -IU attacked the basket well and made its free throws, shooting 8-8 from the line.

The 2nd half is getting underway and I'll give you another update near the end of the game.

Final score: IU wins 77-49. Here are some 2nd half notes:

-The Lady Stars finally made a two-point basket about a minute into the 2nd half. -IU came out a little sloppy to begin the 2nd half and struggled to put points on the board. -Nikki Smith went down hard after being called for a charge. She briefly went to the locker room, but returned to the bench shortly after. -The Lady Stars cut the lead to 14 with around eight minutes to go. -IU then went on a 13-0 run to extend the lead to 73-46. -Walk on Lydia Serfling came in with 2:00 minutes remaining and recorded two rebounds. -Freshman Jori Davis had a really good game off the bench. She scored 8 points and played a solid all around game.

Well, that's all from us. Zach will have an article in Monday's IDS with more coverage of the game.