As if Eric Gordon hadn't caused enough of a rift between Illinois and Indiana already.

Now, point guard Derrick Rose - the top-rated point guard in the country according to Rivals.com - is making an unofficial visit to Chambana this weekend to watch the Blue and Orange game, the Chicago Sun-Times reported today.

Rose announced he'd narrowed his five schools down to IU, Memphis, UCLA, DePaul and Kansas about a month ago, and has since visited IU, Memphis and Notre Dame (?).

As early as a week ago, the rumors around Rose centered on his lack of commitment to Memphis at the Tigers' Midnight Madness event and his supposed leanings toward IU; now, surely, the talk will begin to look more and more like the Illinois-IU Eric Gordon slamfest. And boy - wasn't that fun?

As much as there is a chance that this visit could be a pivotal turn in the Rose sweepstakes, it could also amount to as much as the Notre Dame visit. From his brother Reggie's comments, it's a toss up:

''Sometimes you have to step back and re-evaluate the whole process,'' Reggie Rose said. ''We don't want to look back after it's all over and too late and realize we made the wrong decision.

''We have discussed it with some close confidants and believe Illinois is a great place. The school has a great [basketball] program and it is in our home state. And no decision would be valid without giving Illinois a serious look.''

So, what do you think? Is Rose taking Illinois seriously? Will he come to IU? Let us know in the comments.