PRESS RELEASE: Monroe County Democratic Party To Host Candidates And Comedy Youth Voter Forum

MCDP+Logo.png

The following is a press release written by Ben Giddens for Monroe County Democratic Party.

The Monroe County Democratic Party will hold a candidate forum and comedy event targeted toward youth voters on March 20, 2024, doors open at 6:00 PM and the event starts at 7:00 PM, at The Comedy Attic, 123 S Walnut Street, Bloomington, IN 47408. All are welcome to attend.
Prior to the event, candidates will have tables around The Comedy Attic for attendees to engage with candidates or their spokesperson. This will begin when doors open at 6:00 PM. Free pizza will also be available before, during, and after the show. Attendees will be able to submit
questions for candidates at the show.
The event will be moderated by Jonas Schrodt and include the following comedians: Sohile Ali, Erin Depke, Jan Gudaitis, and Shanda Sung. Candidates and campaigns that will be present are vying for the Attorney General, State Senate, State House of Representatives, Monroe County
Commissioners, and Monroe County Council.
“The opportunity to question candidates for elected office is crucial to a democracy. Voters should understand who and what they vote for,” said Ben Giddens, MCDP Intern. “I believe this an important opportunity for newly registered voters and young people to learn about the issues that affect them. This event will create a good, life-long habit of voting for these younger voters and they will be hearing from great comedians in the area. ” Giddens said.