Lilly’s Local Tunes: a guide to live music events Feb. 1-4

entweeklyshowguide-illo

Welcome back to the weekend show guide! This weekend is a bit quieter than the last, but there are still plenty of great shows to catch. 

Here’s what’s happening Feb. 1-4.  

Thursday 

Start the weekend off at 8 p.m. at The Bluebird Nightclub to see the Solshine Reverie: On the Road Tour at itstheir Bloomington stop. Solshine Reverie is a music festival happening this summer, and local bands can compete for a spot on the lineup. Come out and support your favorite bands or apply to compete with your own. Any one in attendance will be entered to win a 3-dDay GA pPass to the festival — don’t miss it! Tickets are $10 for this 21+ event. 

Friday 

Check out country artist Hank Ruff at 9 p.m. at The Bluebird. Hank Ruff is a recent IU graduate and Bluebird favorite. Tickets are available for $10 on the Bluebird events website for this 21+ event.  

The SteelDrivers will take the stage at 7:30 p.m. Feb. 2 at the Buskirk-Chumley Theater. The Nashville-based bluegrass band has been nominated for four Grammy Awards and isare currently on itstheir American tour. Grab a ticket to this all-ages event at the Buskirk-Chumley website.  

Saturday 

Spend all weekend long at The Bluebird with the return of Jukebox Luke with Dave & Rae Feb. 3. Grab tickets at The Bluebird website for $10, if you’re 21 or older.  

The new punk band Drunken Rampage will perform 10:30 p.m. at The Bishop Bar with guest Yellow Rain. Admission is $10 for this 21+ show. 

If you’re looking for more of a low-key evening on Saturday, head over to The Orbit Room for itstheir free Orbit Jazz Night with the JonyP Trio from 6- p.m. to 8 p.m. This event is free and admits all ages, making it perfect for a great family night out! For more information check out The Orbit Room website.