arts community events performances

Juniper Art Gallery Jazz Night! concert series returns Thursday

entjuniperart111323.jpg

Juniper Art Gallery will host its monthly Jazz Night! concert from 6-7:30 p.m. Thursday on Kirkwood Avenue. Musical guest Peter Kienle is set to perform at the gallery’s Janiece Jaffe Legacy Stage.   

Born in Metzingen, Germany, Kienle is a well-established guitarist. According to his website, Kienle’s musical journey began at the age of 13, when he first learned how to play guitar. Since then, he has become a musician, composer, sound engineer and producer, all while exploring various musical genres and collaborating with other artists.  

Kienle, along with his wife and keyboard player, Monika Herzig, kicked off the monthly Juniper jazz event in April. He returned solo for the June jazz show and will perform solo guitar once again for the upcoming November concert. 

Jazz Night! occurs on the third Thursday of each month, welcoming people of all ages to listen to jazz tunes and admire art throughout the gallery. Juniper also hosts Acoustic Afternoons on the second Wednesday of each month.  

Local artists Tom Roznowski, Mike Lucas, Peter Lerner, The Double Standards and Nacho Daddy have each graced the gallery’s stage for the monthly jazz event.   

Jazz Night! is free for all to attend. Refreshments and pastries from Piccoli Dolci will be available for purchase. For more information, visit the Juniper Art Gallery’s Facebook page.