city crime & courts

Two men arrested in connection with shooting on Winslow Road Monday

Crime Filler

The Bloomington Police Department arrested two men involved in a shooting that occurred Monday afternoon at a shopping plaza in the 300 block of East Winslow Road. One of the men was charged with attempted murder, which is a level one felony.

According to a Bloomington Police Department press release, police located, detained, interviewed and arrested two men – 18-year-old Antowyne William Dupree Osborne and 19-year-old Shauntrell Juran Watts, Jr.

Osborne was arrested on charges of criminal recklessness, theft for possession of a stolen handgun and unlawful carry of a handgun. Watts was arrested on charges of attempted murder, criminal recklessness and pointing a firearm.

Watts and Osborne knew each other prior to the incident and got into a verbal altercation in the parking lot off the shopping plaza on East Winslow Road. According to the press release, the men both produced handguns and fired at each other.

Osborne fled the scene in a white SUV before officers arrived, but they located the SUV in the 2100 block of South Rockport Road shortly after, according to the press release. While officers gave Osborne commands to take him into custody, he was crouching near the front of the vehicle. Later, officers determined that Osborne placed the firearm – which had been reported as stolen from a nearby apartment complex – in the grill of the vehicle.

After reviewing video footage of the shooting, officers located and arrested Watts in connection to the incident Monday afternoon.

According to the press release, no further information on the shooting is available at this time.