city business & economy bloomington

Kendall Jenner comes to Bloomington to promote tequila line

cakendelljenner101023.jpg

Kendall Jenner visited Bloomington Oct. 10 to promote her line of tequila “818”.

Jenner is a model and internet influencer and the daughter of Kris and Caitlyn Jenner; she got her start on “Keeping up with the Kardashians.”

Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits launched 818 in May 2021, according to a press release. 818 sold 136,000 cases, equivalent to 1.5 million bottles, in the first seven weeks of business, according to The Spirits Business and the company works with local family-owned farms based in Jalisco, Mexico, according to the their website.

Jenner visited the Kroger on South College Mall Road and the Big Red Liquors on North College Avenue to meet fans and sign bottles of her tequila. She arrived at the Upstairs Pub at 4 p.m. for a margarita tasting with her tequila, where she made drinks and took photos with customers.

Upstairs Pub employee Jack Franzman said he was not told that Jenner was coming to the bar until the day before.

Jenner also made appearances at bars in Columbus, Ohio on Monday to promote the tequila brand, according to WLWT Cincinnati. Jenner will be in Detroit later this week to do the same, according to Fox 2 Detroit.

RelatedEverbowl acai bowl restaurant to open Bloomington location Oct. 20 Everbowl Bloomington will open Oct. 20 at 518 E. Kirkwood Ave.

IU Law Student Gabi Rich said Jenner’s team gave her a free tote bag and hat with the tequila’s logo on them. Rich said she lives close to the Upstairs Pub, so she went as soon as she found out Jenner was going to be there.

“When everybody figured it out, I booked it over here,” Rich said. “I got here pretty early so my friends and I got a table and just hung around until she got here.”

IU Senior Chloe Hawkins said she is a huge fan of Jenner and was so excited to see her at the Upstairs Pub. Hawkins said she arrived around two hours early and was in the second row at the bar.

“I was second row, and my friends were front row at the bar,” Hawkins said. “They were able to take a shot with her and interact with her a little bit more.”

IU alumna Sophia Genovese said she drove down from Indianapolis to come see Jenner at the Upstairs Pub. Genovese was in the front row of the bar and was able to talk to and get a selfie with Jenner.

“I got a selfie with her and took a shot with her at the bar,” Genovese said. “The tequila was so good."

RelatedBloomington family-owned pumpkin patch now open for fall season Fowler Pumpkin Patch, a family-owned seasonal pumpkin patch located at 5060 N. Greene County Line Rd., opened for its fall season.