arts community events books

39th Annual Bloomington Community Book Fair to be held Oct. 12-17

entbookfair101023.jpg

The Hoosier Hills Food Bank will host the Bloomington Community Book Fair starting at 9 a.m. and ending at 7 p.m. Oct. 12-13 and 6 p.m. Oct. 14-17 at the Monroe County Fair Grounds. The book fair is made up of community donations and will offer over 100,000 items ranging from rare and collectible books to children's books. It will also sell DVDs, CDs and other forms of media, all for affordable prices. 

Donations are welcome anytime aside for Oct. 1-31. Anyone able to donate gently used books or media can drop them off at the Hoosier Hills Food Bank from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Patrons are also encouraged to bring a canned food donation to the fair in exchange for a $1 dollar book buck coupon. 

There will be free t-shirts on Oct. 13 while supplies last and the first day of the fair will have an opening ceremony showcasing the newest delivery truck for the Hoosier Hills Food Bank nicknamed, “Ruby.” 

Aside from the books and media, there will also be various programs and local food trucks available for patrons. According to the Hoosier Hills Food Bank website, the event promotes the importance of books as well as sustainability, believing books should be passed around — not thrown out, profits from the fair will go towards supporting the food banks work