Indiana volleyball releases 2023 schedule, season opener August 25 in Bloomington

spiuvbbrief061423.jpg

Following Indiana volleyball's 2022 season where the Hoosiers beat two ranked teams on the road for the first time in program history and won the most Big Ten matches since 2010, Indiana announced its 33-match schedule for the upcoming 2023 season Wednesday.  

The Hoosiers will host the Indiana Invitational in Bloomington during the season-opening weekend, playing the University of New Hampshire at 7 p.m. on August 25 and the University of Southern Indiana as well as Radford University at 10 a.m. and 7 p.m., respectively, on August 26. 

Indiana will travel on the road for three consecutive weekends to play in the Long Beach Invitational from August 31 to Sept. 2, the Stacheville Challenge on Sept. 8-9 and the 305 Challenge from Sept. 15-16. Indiana returns home Sept. 20 to begin Big Ten play.  

The Hoosiers will play 20 conference games, spanning from mid-September to November 25.  Indiana will play 11 matches against 2022 NCAA Tournament teams, nine of them versus Big Ten counterparts. The other two are the University of Washington in the Long Beach Invitational and the University of Miami at Coral Gables, Florida, in the 305 Challenge.  

Indiana returns six starting rotation players, per release, including middle blockers Kaley Rammelsberg and Savannah Kjolhede and All-Big Ten First Team setter Camryn Haworth. Under Armour All-American libero, freshman Ramsey Gary will join the Hoosiers this year.  

The team’s full 2023 schedule can be found here