Indiana basketball’s Kel’el Ware selected to participate in USA U19 Men's National Team Training Camp

spiumbbbrief053123.jpg

Indiana men's basketball sophomore transfer Kel'el Ware will participate in the USA under-19 Men's National Team Training Camp in Colorado Springs, per release Wednesday. Ware was one of 35 athletes selected by the USA Basketball Men's Junior National Team Committee.   

The USA under-19 Men's National Team Training Camp begins June 11. The expected 35-athlete pool will eventually be reduced to the 12-member team set to compete in the 2023 FIBA U19 Men's World Cup Championship from June 24-July 2 in Debrecen, Hungary.  

Ware won gold playing for USA Basketball at the 2022 FIBA under-18 Americas Championship in Tijuana, Mexico. Ware averaged 15.7 points and 6.8 rebounds across six games. In 2022, Ware played in 34 games at the University of Oregon. The freshman averaged 15.8 minutes, four rebounds, and 6.7 points, while converting 70.3% of free throws.  

In late June, the U.S. under-19 team will face Lebanon, Madagascar and Slovenia in pool play at the 2023 FIBA Men's U19 World Cup. The U.S. has won the biannual competition eight times, including three of the last four in 2015, 2019 and 2021.