arts music

Festivals, festivals, festivals: local performances this week

entshowguide011823-illo

Welcome back! Here is all the information you need for Bloomington’s music scene from April 11-16: 

Festivals 

IU Late Nite will host their Cream & Crimson Carnival from 5-11 p.m. on Friday in Dunn Meadow. The carnival will feature musical performances from Bloomington Delta Music Club as part of their BDMC Presents showcase. Getting peckish? There will be food trucks there to satisfy your stomachs as well as a Ferris wheel to add some more fun to the mix. The event is free to attend and attendees are encouraged to RSVP on BeInvolved

WIUX will present their 35th Culture Shock music festival featuring performances from The Skaaholics, The Pops, Superlunar, Home Phone, Pat & The Pissers, Inner Peace and Weston Estate. The festival will take place from 1-10 p.m. on Saturday at Showalter Fountain. The festival is free to attend. 

Related: [COLUMN: A Midwestern music mecca: why local bands love the Bloomington music scene]  

Music Industry Creatives will present the second annual Burning Couch festival featuring both acoustic and electric sets starting at noon on Sunday at Switchyard Park. The outdoor mainstage will feature performances from Foredaze, Westhead, Six Foot Blonde, The Matriarch and more. The indoor pavilion will host art vendors and drinks from Upland Brewing Company, as well as acoustic performances from Copeland James, The Reys, Connor McLaren, Class Action and more. Tickets and merch are available for presale on their website until noon on Wednesday. Tickets will also be available at the door for $20. 

18+ activities 

Hardcore groups WAD, Desensitize and Yeti Gamble will hit the stage at 5:30 p.m. on Thursday at TD’s CDs and LPs. Entry for this exclusive show is just $5 at the door. 

Fort Wayne’s own Sahara, with local bands Emily Spinach and Cone, will rock the stage at 8 p.m. on Friday at The Arcadia. Cover will be $5 at the door. 

Chair In The Air, Violet Hour and Indifferent Society are set to play at 8 p.m. on Saturday at The Orion, located at 402 E. First St. Tickets will be sold at the door for just $7. 

The 14th Annual Trashion Refashion Runway Show will be held at 7 p.m. on Sunday at the Buskirk-Chumley Theater. The fashion show will also act as a fundraiser for the Center for Sustainable Living. Tickets are just $15. 

21+ activities 

Street Pennies returns for another $1 Drink Wednesday at 10 p.m. at The Bluebird. Tickets for this performance are just $10. 

Related: [COLUMN: boygenius’ ‘the record’ presents tastes of novelty amidst the familiar

R&B pop fusion conglomerate Funk Almighty is set to perform at 10 p.m. on Thursday at The Bluebird. Tickets are just $10. 

An amazing alliterative lineup featuring Millaze, Matixando and Moon News will play live at 8 p.m. on Friday at Blockhouse Bar. Tickets will be sold at the door for just $5. 

Country king Hank Ruff is ready to play at 9 p.m. on Friday at The Bluebird. Tickets to see him live are just $10. 

Love ‘80s hair metal? Get ready for tribute band Hairbangers Ball as they take the stage by storm at 9 p.m. on Saturday at The Bluebird. Tickets are only $15.