bloomington

Bloomington conducts city-wide survey for fourth year in a row

cacitywidesurvey032223.jpg

The National Research Center, Inc is conducting a survey throughout the City of Bloomington which will include a random sample of 3,000 households, according to a press release issued March 20, from the city of Bloomington.  

The survey will ask residents questions about topics such as their perception of the quality and value of city services, current community conditions and opinions on new and current city issues, according to the March 20 release.  

The random sample of households will be mailed invitations to participate in the survey in two waves. The first wave was mailed out Monday, according to the release. The second wave will be mailed March 27.

Other residents not selected can participate by completing the survey online starting April 17. Both the random sample and open participation surveys close May 1.

[Related: UPDATE: The quest for cheap housing: candidates offer visions of an affordable Bloomington]

Data will be complied in two ways. The random sample will be weighted, analyzed and published on the city's open data portal B-Clear. The open participation will be analyzed separately and published in a separate data set. All responses will be compared to the previous three survey results.  

All data and information gathered will help shape city government and city services. 

Mayor John Hamilton said the survey helps reach a cross-section of the community and assures they hear from more diverse residents. Especially those residents who may not attend public meetings or speak up.  

“We want as much information and feedback from our community as we can get,” Hamilton said in the release.