Constellation Stage and Screen to premiere ‘Deathtrap’ Jan. 26

<p>Constellation Stage and Screen will premiere its production of “Deathtrap” by Ira Levin at 7:30 p.m. Jan. 26, 2023, at the Ted Jones Playhouse in downtown Bloomington. Constellation’s production of “Deathtrap” has been extended to run until Feb. 19, 2023, due to high demand, with showings every weekend.</p>

Constellation Stage and Screen will premiere its production of “Deathtrap” by Ira Levin at 7:30 p.m. Jan. 26, 2023, at the Ted Jones Playhouse in downtown Bloomington. Constellation’s production of “Deathtrap” has been extended to run until Feb. 19, 2023, due to high demand, with showings every weekend.

Constellation Stage and Screen will premiere their production of “Deathtrap,” at 7:30 p.m. Jan. 26 at the Ted Jones Playhouse in downtown Bloomington.  

Applauded as Broadway’s longest-running comedy thriller, “Deathtrap” tells the story of fictional playwright Sidney Bruhl, whose chronic case of writer’s block leads to murder and mayhem.

When a former student shows up at his door with what might be the next Broadway hit, Bruhl and his wife devise an evil plan to make the manuscript their own. With a series of exciting twists and turns, “Deathtrap” contains murder, deceit and intrigue.  

Related: [Q&A with Jeffrey Buchman and Rosa Mercedes

Constellation’s production of the murder mystery is directed by its Artistic Director of New Works Chad Rabinovitz, and features a cast of professional actors from Bloomington and beyond. New York-based actor Mark Coffin will star as Bruhl, while Chicago-based actor John Drea will star as Bruhl’s former student.  

Local actors Greta Lind, Mary Carol Reardon and Steve Scott also star in “Deathtrap,” marking their return to the stage after starring in Constellation’s 2022 production of “The Importance of Being Earnest.”  

Constellation’s production of “Deathtrap” has been extended to run until Feb. 19 due to high demand, with showings at 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. each weekend starting Jan. 26. Tickets for the show are available online. Ticket prices start at $35 for adults and $20 for students with a valid ID.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Daily Rundown.