arts community events music

Local music scene: Oct. 20-Oct. 26

entmusiclisticle101922.jpg

Rock and indie bands will dominate the Bloomington music scene for the next week. Here are some places to check out Bloomington musicians and bands from out of town. 

Oct. 20   

IU Soul Revue will perform at The Bluebird. Doors open at 8 p.m. with the show starting at 9 p.m. Tickets are $10 for this 21+ event.   

Blockhouse Bar will host rock and roll band Heavy Mother’s farewell show. Doors open at 7 p.m. and the show will begin at 8 p.m. Entrance costs $7 for this 21+ event.  

Dave Walter will perform at karaoke night at Root Cellar. There will also be a Twisted Tea and Truly sampling. Doors will open at 8 p.m. and the music and karaoke will start at 10 p.m.   

Bloomington rock band Jacky Boy and indie artist Rex Tycoon will perform at 9 p.m. at The Bishop Bar. The event will be for people 21+. 

R&B and soul band Sumatics and Trance Dance will perform at 8 p.m. at The Orbit Room. Tickets are $11. 

Related: [The Soweto Gospel Choir brought electricity to the IU Auditorium Oct. 18]

Oct. 21  

Singer/songwriter Lennon Beasley will perform at Blockhouse Bar, followed by salsa music played on vinyl records. The show will begin at 8 p.m. and entry is $5. 

Street Pennies, a blues, funk and rock band, will perform at The Bluebird for a 21+ audience. Fort Wayne band The Namby Pamby will also play. Doors open at 9 p.m. and the show will start at 10 p.m. Tickets are $10.  

DJ Shawshank will play music at 10 p.m. at Root Cellar. Doors will open at 8 p.m. 

Bloomington Delta Music Club will partner with Net Impact to put on Concert for a Change from 6-0 p.m. in Dunn Meadow. There will be live music, food and prizes. There is an optional $5 donation at entry and all proceeds with go towards Puerto Rico hurricane relief.  

Bloomington psych-folk artist Connor McLaren, local rock bands Mindfully Blind and The Strangers and Indianapolis country artist Bryson Cooper will perform at The Atrium. Doors open at 10 p.m. for the 18+ event. Tickets are currently $5. 

Oct. 22  

Lin Thizzy and Bloomington indie rock and punk band Rearview Rhonda will perform at 7 p.m. at the Orbit Room. Tickets are $11 and table reservations are available for $20.  

Metal tribute band Hairbangers Ball will perform for an 80s-themed night at The Bluebird. Doors open at 8 p.m. and the show will start at 9 p.m. for a 21+ audience. Tickets are $15 or $12 if four tickets are purchased together. 

Bloomington alternative rock band John Dehner and The Enthusiasts and local indie musician Simon P. Moore will perform at 8 p.m. at Blockhouse Bar. Doors will open at 7 p.m. and entry is $6 for a 21+ audience. 

Local DJ TRØLL will perform at 10 p.m. at Root Cellar. Doors will open at 8 p.m. 

The Reef, a house venue, will showcase Muncie indie rock band Northwest and Bloomington rock bands The Matriarch, Dose Rose and Tree to Stone. Doors will open at 6 p.m. and the show will begin at 6:45 p.m. There will be a $7 cover to enter. 

Local psychedelic and rock bands Speth, Kickin’ A Corolla, Eccenya, The Meanwhiles and musician The Lord will perform at house venue The Animal Farm. Doors will open at 7 p.m. and the show will start at 8 p.m. There will be a $5 cover charge. 

Related: [Jacobs Jazz Studies joins WTIU for jazz legend Wes Montgomery tribute concert]

Oct. 24 

Chicago punk band Meat Wave, Bloomington band Full Sun and indie band Swan Wash will perform at The Bishop Bar. The 18+ event will begin at 9 p.m. Tickets are currently $10 and will be $12 the day of the event. 

Oct. 25 

The Bishop Bar will host indie rock band Into It. Over It. at 9 p.m. Nectar and Bloomington musician Mister Goblin will also perform at the 18+ event. Tickets are currently available for $15 and will be $18 on the day of the show. 

Blockhouse Bar will host an open mic at 6:30 p.m. and Honky Tonk night will begin at 8:30 p.m. Admittance will cost $5 for the 21+ crowd.  

Oct. 26 

Darran Mosley, known as Dmose, will perform at karaoke night at 10 p.m. at Root Cellar. Doors will open at 8 p.m. 

Blockhouse Bar will host a call and response night at 7:30 p.m. for a 21+ audience. Sam Butler will perform, and tickets are $5-10.