arts community events

International Cat Video Festival to visit Buskirk-Chumley Theater on July 16

entcatvideo070622.jpg

The Buskirk Chumley Theater will present CatVideoFest 2022 to raise money for cats in need at 2 p.m. July 16 at the theater on Kirkwood Avenue. 

The event will feature a 90-minute compilation reel of cat videos, including original submissions, animations, music videos and other cat-themed entertainment. 

General admission tickets are $8 and student tickets are $6. Tickets are available on the Buskirk-Chumley Theater’s website. A 10% portion of the proceeds will be donated to the Monroe County Humane Association. The BCT encourages viewers to wear masks to the indoor event. 

CatVideoFest, an international organization based out of Washington state and founded in 2016, is dedicated to raising funds and attention for local animal shelters across the globe. CatVideoFest works with local animal advocates to designate funds and attention to community organizations that they feel need it most.

Theaters and community spaces across the United States and world have featured this family-friendly event. CatVideo Fest has been celebrated in more than 200 theaters in North America and more than 100 in Europe. In 2019, more than $50,000 was raised for local shelters, according to the CatVideoFest website.

“People love cat videos, and they love coming together for a shared experience,” the organization’s website said. “CatVideoFest is committed to bringing the joy of cat videos to the masses, while doing good for the worldwide community of people working to help cats in need.” 

Those interested can learn more about CatVideoFest at the Buskirk-Chumley Theater or submit their own cat video.