IU-Bloomington reports 14 new COVID-19 cases between faculty, staff and students

<p>A COVID-19 testing site is pictured March 11, 2022, in the gym at the School of Public Health. IU-Bloomington reported 14 new positive COVID-19 cases among students, faculty and staff from March 31 to April 6.</p>

A COVID-19 testing site is pictured March 11, 2022, in the gym at the School of Public Health. IU-Bloomington reported 14 new positive COVID-19 cases among students, faculty and staff from March 31 to April 6.

IU-Bloomington reported 14 new positive COVID-19 cases among students, faculty and staff from March 31 to April 6, according to the IU COVID-19 dashboard. Of the new cases, 10 came from students, and four came from faculty and staff.

IU-Bloomington closed its in-person asymptomatic testing facilities April 4 due to dropping COVID-19 cases, according to a report from IU Today. Asymptomatic testing switched exclusively to drop-off testing where students can receive test kits from designated locations and follow instructions to have their test kit registered before use.

Designated locations to pick up COVID-19 tests include the Indiana Memorial Union, the center building of McNutt Quad and the Student Health Center, according to the IU COVID-19 website. Students may pick up to two test kits at a time.

Symptomatic testing for COVID-19 will continue to be in person, according to IU Today. Students who wish to sign up for in-person symptomatic testing can do so using the IU Symptom Checker.

​​IU continues to recommend everyone receive a vaccination and a booster shot. People ages 5 and older are eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccine. Adults ages 18 and older are eligible for a Moderna booster five months after the initial two-shot series, and everyone ages 12 and older is eligible for a Pfizer booster five months after their initial two-shot series. Adults ages 18 and older who received the Johnson & Johnson vaccine can get a booster dose at least two months after their first shot.

Visit ourshot.in.gov to schedule a vaccine appointment or check eligibility criteria.

Stay on top of the COVID-19 and vaccination news. This weekly newsletter will package our coverage of cornavirus news, updates and the critical information you need to know.