Diane Dallis-Comentale named dean of IU Libraries

<p>The Lilly Library stands covered in snow Nov. 12, 2019, in the Fine Arts Plaza. Diane Dallis-Comentale will be the new Ruth Lilly Dean of University Libraries beginning April 15.</p>

The Lilly Library stands covered in snow Nov. 12, 2019, in the Fine Arts Plaza. Diane Dallis-Comentale will be the new Ruth Lilly Dean of University Libraries beginning April 15.

Diane Dallis-Comentale will be the new Ruth Lilly Dean of University Libraries beginning April 15, according to the IU Libraries website. Dallis-Comentale has served as interim dean of the libraries since July 1, 2021, following the retirement of the former Dean Carolyn Walters.

Before serving as the interim dean, Dallis-Comentale was the associate dean for administration and planning for IU Libraries, according to her staff profile. As associate dean, Dallis-Comentale oversaw significant renovations to the Lilly Library and led the pandemic response for IU Libraries.

Dallis-Comentale has also led several renovation projects in the Herman B Wells Library, including the Learning Commons, Moving Image Archive and the Scholars’ Commons, according to the announcement.