CNN Anchor Fredricka Whitfield will give a lecture Thursday in Presidents Hall

<p>CNN anchor Fredricka Whitfield is pictured. Whitfield will give a public lecture at 5:30 p.m. on Thursday in Presidents Hall  as part of the Media School’s Speaker Series.</p>

CNN anchor Fredricka Whitfield is pictured. Whitfield will give a public lecture at 5:30 p.m. on Thursday in Presidents Hall as part of the Media School’s Speaker Series.

CNN anchor Fredricka Whitfield will give a public lecture at 5:30 p.m. Thursday in Presidents Hall as part of the Media School’s Speaker Series. Lee Hamilton, IU professor and former U.S. Representative, will present Whitfield with the Lee H. Hamilton Public Service Fellowship at the lecture, according to the Media School website.

Prior to joining CNN in 2002, Whitfield worked as a correspondent for NBC News and WPLG-TV in Miami, among other positions, according to her CNN profile. Over the course of her more than 30 years in journalism, she has covered numerous events, including the 2000 election, the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, and Barack Obama’s inauguration.

The fellowship honors prominent civic figures who embody the public service ideals of professor Hamilton, according to the IU Center on Representative Government. Previous recipients of the fellowship include New York Times White House correspondent Maggie Haberman and 60 Minutes correspondent Bill Whitaker.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Daily Rundown.