WTIU documentary featuring Indiana trails premieres Feb. 28

enttraildoc022322.jpg

“The Hoosier Way: Trails of Indiana” will premiere on WTIU at 8 p.m. on Feb. 28. This new documentary will simultaneously stream on Facebook Live.

This documentary will explore 6,000 miles of hiking, biking and pedestrian trails across Indiana. This program will feature the natural beauty of the state of Indiana, according to a press release.

Focusing on locations such as the Indiana Dunes, the Hoosier National Forest and Indianapolis’ Monon Trail, this documentary says the “journey is the destination.”

While focusing on these grander sites, the program also highlights the smaller towns of Indiana and the ways these towns dedicated themselves to creating paved recreational routes for residents and visitors. These paths and parks offer many experiences for hiking, mountain biking, running and more.

This documentary takes viewers on a tour of these trails’ history and culture. This culture helps contribute to the midwestern experience found in these Indiana nature sites, according to the documentary trailer.

Audiences can watch the trailer for this documentary on the Indiana Public Media website.

After its initial release on Feb. 28, “The Hoosier Way: Trails of Indiana” will be posted to the WTIU website on March 1.