COVID-19 vaccine clinic and testing available Wednesday through Friday

<p>Three vials of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine are pictured in 2021. IU will offer COVID-19 vaccines and coronavirus testing Feb. 2-4 at 800 N. Indiana Ave.</p>

Three vials of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine are pictured in 2021. IU will offer COVID-19 vaccines and coronavirus testing Feb. 2-4 at 800 N. Indiana Ave.

IU will hold a COVID-19 vaccine clinic open to anyone in the community from noon to 8 p.m. Wednesday through Friday at 800 N. Indiana Ave., according to an IU Today article. The clinic will also offer PCR and rapid tests, according to the article.

The rapid tests, due to a nationwide shortage, will only be given to those ages 18 or younger who are either symptomatic or asymptomatic and those over age 50 with COVID-19 symptoms, according to the article.

The Pfizer vaccine and booster for ages 5 and up and Moderna vaccine and booster for those 18 and over will be offered, according to the article. 

[RELATED: IU-Bloomington reports 806 positive COVID-19 cases, 17.3% increase from previous week]

Appointments are preferred for the clinic. Testing appointments can be made at the Indiana Covid Testing Portal, and vaccination appointments can be made at the Indiana Department of Health website

Parking for the clinic is available at 800 N. Indiana Ave. and at the parking lot on the corner of 12th Street and Fess Avenue. Neither of these parking lots will require an IU parking pass.

Stay on top of the COVID-19 and vaccination news. This weekly newsletter will package our coverage of cornavirus news, updates and the critical information you need to know.