Rahul Shrivastav named new IU-Bloomington provost

<p>IU alumnus Rahul Shrivastav was announced as IU’s next executive vice president and provost on Friday. He will assume the role Feb. 15, 2022.</p>

IU alumnus Rahul Shrivastav was announced as IU’s next executive vice president and provost on Friday. He will assume the role Feb. 15, 2022.

IU alumnus Rahul Shrivastav will take on the position of executive vice president and provost at IU, the university announced in a press release Friday. 

His position will start Feb. 15, 2022. He is filling the role after Lauren Robel stepped down in June with John Applegate filling the interim role while a national search took place.

Shrivastav will also be a member of faculty in the Department of Speech, Language and Hearing Sciences. He graduated from this department at IU with a doctorate in 2001.

According to the Indiana Daily Student provost town hall, Shrivastav said he wants to prioritize IU’s educational investments in budding industries with an eye toward the future. 

Shrivastav is currently the vice president for instruction at the University of Georgia. IU President Pamela Whitten was Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost at Georgia from 2014 to 2018.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Daily Rundown.