Indiana women’s basketball’s Tuesday game canceled due to COVID-19 cases in Wright State

Graduate student guard Nicole Cardaño-Hillary attempts a jump shot Dec. 2, 2021, at Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall. Indiana women's basketball's game Tuesday was canceled due to COVID-19 cases in the Wright State University program.

Indiana women’s basketball will not face Wright State on Tuesday as scheduled because of positive COVID-19 cases in the Wright State program, according to a release from IU Athletics

Indiana is on a four-game winning streak and was looking to improve to five, but because the game was a nonconference matchup it has been declared a no contest.

Wright State has dealt with COVID-19 cases throughout its season and has already forfeited two games and canceled two games in December. Some players and coaches on the team are vaccinated, but the majority of the team was not vaccinated as of Dec. 11, according to the Dayton Daily News,.

Indiana’s next game is scheduled for 1 p.m. Thursday in Bloomington against Southern Illinois University. It will be the last nonconference game Indiana plays before starting Big Ten play Dec. 30.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Weekly Recap.