Indiana men’s basketball’s final nonconference game against UNC Asheville canceled

<p>Indiana junior forward Trayce Jackson-Davis drives to the basket Dec. 12, 2021, at Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall. Indiana men&#x27;s basketball&#x27;s game Wednesday was canceled due to COVID-19 issues within the University of North Carolina at Asheville&#x27;s program.<br/></p>

Indiana junior forward Trayce Jackson-Davis drives to the basket Dec. 12, 2021, at Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall. Indiana men's basketball's game Wednesday was canceled due to COVID-19 issues within the University of North Carolina at Asheville's program.

Indiana men’s basketball’s game against the University of North Carolina at Asheville, which was scheduled to take place Wednesday at Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall, has been canceled due to COVID-19 issues within UNC Asheville’s program, per an IU Athletics release.

The game was declared a no contest and won’t be rescheduled since it’s against a nonconference opponent. With the cancelation, the nonconference portion of Indiana’s schedule has concluded. Indiana is 10-2 this season and is riding a three-game winning streak.

The Big Ten also announced changes to its forfeiture policy on Tuesday, which will allow member teams who are forced to cancel conference matchups to reschedule or declare such games as no contests instead of automatically forfeiting.

Indiana will resume Big Ten play in the new year when it takes on Penn State at 4 p.m. on Jan. 2 in University Park, Pennsylvania.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Weekly Recap.