IDS Connect

Izzy Myszak named spring 2022 editor-in-chief

Izzy.jpg

The IU Student Media Publications Board named junior Izzy Myszak the spring 2022 editor-in-chief of the Indiana Daily Student on Friday.

Myszak joined the IDS staff in the fall of 2019 as a photographer and videographer. She has since worked as Arbutus editor, managing editor, general assignments editor, special publications editor, photo editor and a news reporter. 

Additionally, Myszak interned with the Scott County Chamber of Commerce, The Writique LLC and the IU High School Summer Journalism Institute where she worked on a variety of social media and multimedia projects. 

Myszak said her various roles at the IDS and the supportive staff encouraged her to apply for the editor-in-chief position. 

“I ran for editor-in-chief to have the chance to help every staff member succeed, just as every one of my past editors helped me flourish,” Myszak said in her application.

Next semester at the IDS, Myszak plans to strengthen the newspaper’s in-depth reporting and digital storytelling. She also wants to focus on serving all of campus to increase diversity in the newsroom’s sourcing and coverage. 

“I am so excited to be able to lead this staff of incredible journalists,” Myszak said. “I am really looking forward to diving in and helping continue our legacy.”