bloomington

City of Bloomington issues boil water advisory for West Bloomington neighborhood

cawater110821.jpg

City of Bloomington Utilities issued a boil water advisory for 18 addresses in West Bloomington pending repair of a fire hydrant near South Owens Drive and South Wynnedale Drive, according to a press release from CBU.

CBU crews were sent to repair a fire hydrant in West Bloomington Monday morning, shutting off water services for 18 addresses along South Owens Drive and South Wynnedale Drive, according to the release. A full list of affected addresses can be found on the CBU website.

The Indiana Department of Environmental Damages requires public water systems to declare boil water emergencies when pressure falls below 20 pounds per square inch, according to the release.

The CBU website instructs affected individuals to boil all water used for cooking, drinking and oral hygiene for at least five minutes before consumption but does not need to be boiled for any other uses. After normal water pressure is restored, residents should run cold water from a sink or tub until clear water flows from the faucet, according to the website.

The boil water advisory is under effect until 3 p.m. Tuesday, according to the release.