Indiana’s Trayce Jackson-Davis unanimously selected to preseason All-Big Ten team

spiubbtjd102721.jpg

Indiana men’s basketball junior forward Trayce-Jackson Davis was named to the preseason All-Big Ten team by voting members of the media, the conference announced in a release Wednesday.

This is Jackson-Davis’ second consecutive selection to the preseason first-team All-Big Ten in the media poll. He was named first-team All-Big Ten by the Associated Press and second-team All-Big Ten by the coaches’ poll last year. 

Jackson-Davis was also named preseason first-team All-American by the AP on Monday. He and Illinois junior center Kofi Cockburn are the only two Big Ten players on the team, which consists of only five players.

In his sophomore season, Jackson-Davis averaged both 19.1 points and nine rebounds, a combination no other player in the Big Ten managed to reach.

Related: Big Ten Media Days: Upperclassmen prepared to lead Indiana men’s basketball by example

Jackson-Davis was one of five players named to the team unanimously out of the 11 selected. Cockburn, who was named the Big Ten preseason Player of the Year, Michigan sophomore center Hunter Dickinson, Ohio State junior forward E.J. Liddell and Purdue sophomore guard Jaden Ivey were the other unanimous selections.

Illinois sophomore guard Andre Curbelo, Iowa sophomore forward Keegan Murray, Maryland senior guard Eric Alaya, Michigan freshman guard Caleb Houstan, Purdue senior forward Trevion Williams and Rutgers senior guard Ron Harper Jr. were the six other players who made the team.

Indiana’s road back to its first NCAA Tournament appearance since 2016 begins against Eastern Michigan University at 6 p.m. Nov. 9 at Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall in Bloomington.