Live Updates: Indiana football freshman McCulley gets start against Maryland

spiufbevans103021.jpg

Fourth Quarter

Maryland recovers the onside kick and will kneel to run out the clock. FINAL: Maryland 38, Indiana 35.

TOUCHDOWN: Indiana scores in three plays. Fryfogle caught a ball for 52 yards and Hendershot caught a pass for the touchdown. Maryland 38, Indiana 35.

FIELD GOAL: Maryland makes a 41-yard field goal. Indiana trails by two possessions with 1:20 left. Maryland 38, Indiana 28.

1:24: Maryland has eaten up over five minutes on the game clock.

6:36: The Terps force a punt right back. Maryland gets the ball at its 41-yard line.

7:41: Indiana forces a Maryland punt that goes back into the end zone for a touchdown.

TOUCHDOWN: Donaven McCulley connects with Hendershot again, this time for a touchdown. The 18-yard reception is capped by Hendershot's two-point conversion catch. Maryland 35, Indiana 28.

TOUCHDOWN: Maryland responds to the field goal with a 45-yard pass touchdown to extend its lead to two possessions. Maryland 35, Indiana 20.

FIELD GOAL: Charles Campbell makes the kick from 29 yards to put Indiana back within one possession. Maryland 28, Indiana 20.

Third Quarter

:00: Chris Childers rushes twice for five yards to end the quarter. Indiana is in the red zone.

1:50: On fourth down, Indiana goes for a fake punt and converts. Bryant Fitzgerald rushed for 25 yards to bring new life to the offense.

TOUCHDOWN: Maryland has now scored 14 unanswered points after Indiana took the lead. Maryland 28, Indiana 17.

7:02: Indiana goes three and out once again. Evans's punt travels 57 yards and Maryland returns it to its own 33-yard line.

TOUCHDOWN: Maryland answers with a seven play, 75-yard drive to take the lead back. Maryland 21, Indiana 17.

TOUCHDOWN: Carr finds a hole up the middle and rushes 66 yards for a touchdown. Indiana takes the lead on the back of Carr's longest rush of the year. Indiana 17, Maryland 14.

12:59: Indiana forces an incompletion on third down and forces a punt. Indiana gets called for a running into the kicker penalty, but Maryland declines, so Indiana gets the ball at its 14-yard line.

Second Quarter

:08: Maryland takes a knee to head into the half. It will get the ball to start the second half.

FIELD GOAL: Charles Campbell delivers a career-long 55-yard field goal just before the half. Maryland 14, Indiana 10.

1:59: Indiana stops Maryland on fourth down to get the ball back. Ryder Anderson got in the backfield to make the stop.

A holding penalty on the Terrapins brings back a 21-yard catch.

4:51: Maryland's drive starts with a first down before punting right after. Indiana's subsequent drive goes three and out.

7:12: The Hoosiers and Terps trade three and outs. The last four drives have all been four plays or less.

10:57: Charles Campbell misses a field goal after Indiana loses 11 yards after the blocked punt.

12:14: Miles Marshall blocks a punt after the Terrapins go three and out. Indiana gets the ball back at Maryland's 13-yard line.

TOUCHDOWN: Indiana goes seven plays, 77 yards to answer Maryland's missed field goal. Hendershot had two 31-yard catches and the Hoosiers converted a fourth down on the drive before Stephen Carr punched in a 1-yard rush.

First Quarter

:00: The first quarter ends shortly after Indiana moves the ball into Maryland territory. McCulley connected with Peyton Hendershot on first down for 31 yards.

1:03: Maryland drops two consecutive passes to set up a field goal try that goes wide right. Indiana's defense holds for the first time today.

2:06: Indiana goes three and out again. McCulley is sacked on a quarterback draw on third down.

Indiana starts its third drive from the 25-yard line after a touchback. McCulley is still under center and there has been no sign of Grant Gremel, who took reps before the game.

TOUCHDOWN: Maryland caps off a 90-yard drive with assistance from two Indiana penalties, including an unnecessary roughness call that put Maryland on the 1-yard line. Maryland 14, Indiana 0.

7:20: Indiana picks up two first downs on its second drive, but it stalls after a quarterback draw. This punt is downed at Maryland's 10-yard line.

TOUCHDOWN: Maryland takes seven plays to score after starting with solid field position. Maryland quarterback Taulia Tagovailoa went 3-3 for 16 yards. Maryland 7, Indiana 0.

13:34: Indiana goes three and out after McCulley gets sacked on third down. Freshman punter James Evans's punt travels 25 yards, so Maryland takes over at Indiana's 35-yard line.

15:00: McCulley throws deep to Ty Fryfogle on the first play of the game but they can't connect.

Maryland won the toss and elected to defer to the second half. Indiana will get the ball to start the game.

Indiana football has announced freshman quarterback Donaven McCulley will start against Maryland.

Indiana and Maryland kick off at noon on Big Ten Network.