arts music

COLUMN: Adele releases new single teaser, fans speculate upcoming album

entadele101121.jpg

Grammy Award-winner Adele announced her anticipated return to music after posting a 20-second snippet on Instagram of her new single “Easy on Me” on Oct. 5.

The full song drops Oct. 15. 

Born and raised in London, Adele rose to fame with her debut album “19” in 2008. Her next album “21” became the best-selling album of the 21st century, selling over 31 million copies around the world. 

She became the first female to have three top 10 singles on the Billboard Hot 100 at the same time, with popular hits like “Someone Like You,” “Set Fire to the Rain” and “Rolling in the Deep.” 

Her third and most recent album “25” was no different than her last two. The lead single “Hello” was the first song to sell over one million digital copies in the U.S. within a week of the track’s release. 

Adele has won fifteen Grammy Awards, nine Brit Awards and her album “21” is on Rolling Stone’s list of 500 Greatest Albums of All Time.

This most recent announcement has led fans to speculate there’s more coming beyond the single. 

Adele is known to name her albums after her ages, “19,” “21” and “25.” Even though Adele is currently 33, she posted on Instagram the importance of her 30th birthday

According to Elle Magazine, there are quite a few other hints at play that indicate an upcoming album. 

Adele updated her photo and background to a teal blue on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube. The article points out that Billboards with the same shade of blue began to pop up around the world with the number “30.” 

Fans then spotted projections on major landmarks, including the Eiffel Tower and the Colosseum, with “30” as well. Even more telling was that the number font of these projections was actually the same as the font on Adele’s website and social platforms.