IU will administer flu shots at the Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall Saturday

<p>The entrance to Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall is seen Oct. 7, 2020. IU will administer flu shots at Assembly Hall from 12-6 p.m. Saturday</p>

The entrance to Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall is seen Oct. 7, 2020. IU will administer flu shots at Assembly Hall from 12-6 p.m. Saturday

IU will administer flu shots at the Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, according to an email sent to students on Friday. According to the IU flu vaccination website, IU strongly encourages all enrolled students, faculty and staff to receive the annual flu vaccine this year.

Students, faculty and staff who were regularly present on campus last year were required to get a flu shot, while the flu shot is only recommended this year.

In addition to Saturday, flu vaccination clinics will be held from 12 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Oct. 12 and 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Oct. 24, according to the email. Individuals hoping to schedule a flu vaccination can schedule an appointment on the IUB Vaccination Clinic’s website.

The email asks that individuals not visit the clinics if they are experiencing COVID-19 or flu-like symptoms.

The flu poses a greater risk than usual amid the COVID-19 pandemic, according to the IU flu vaccination website. Flu symptoms are similar to COVID-19 symptoms and can disrupt school and work routines more than usual. IU recommends wearing a mask, bringing a photo ID and wearing a short-sleeved shirt to a flu shot appointment, according to the email.

Stay on top of the COVID-19 and vaccination news. This weekly newsletter will package our coverage of cornavirus news, updates and the critical information you need to know.

Comments